- Each weekend at Magnolia Springs, you’ll find a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with exciting, contemporary worship music and a practical, relevant message. You’ll also find a place for notes in your worship guide that will help you make the most of each week’s teaching. Children are well-cared for in a loving, quality nursery and fun-filled SpringsKidz service.
- If you are visiting for the first time, we will not embarrass you, have you stand up, or ask you to give money. We know that many people want to check out the church and “be anonymous” for a while—and that’s fine with us! Come in, enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, and see if this is the church for you.
- You’ll find everything from casual clothes to business suits at our Weekend Services. Come in what is comfortable for you because Magnolia Springs is not about what you look like or what you wear.
- We are located in Hurley, MS, even though our address says Moss Point. You can find us here on the map.
- We have a dynamic mid-week service that focuses on the family. We have an adult Bible Class and children classes for all ages.
- At Magnolia Springs, your children are a top priority. Our nurseries are clean, safe, and staffed with loving workers. We offer a dynamic children's ministry called SpringsKidz, as well as a life-changing ministry to students from junior high through college.
- There are many ways to get involved. You can begin by attending our Growth Track. Life groups are another great way to connect. In each of these, you can build friendships, learn more about the life of our church, and have the opportunity to grow in your faith.
- Our desire is to see you become a fully-devoted follower of Christ. Our Growth Track offers the tools necessary to make this happen in your life. You can begin the process at any step in our Growth Track.
- Life Groups are an important part of Magnolia Springs; in fact, you haven’t fully experienced the church until you’ve experienced our life groups. Groups allow you to meet other members and develop relationships that will spur your relationship with God. As Magnolia Springs grows, groups, allow us to “stay small” and connected. Groups are available for all ages and interests—there’s bound to be one that’s just right for you. Learn more about why we’re big on life groups, or find a group to visit in our directory.
- One of the easiest things to do at Magnolia Springs is to participate in a life group. Groups meet throughout the community and provide a place for Bible study, fellowship, and support. Wherever you live, there’s a life group near you. Check out our directory and visit a group this week.
Meet Our Team
Pastor Mike and Terrie McLeod- Lead Pastors
Pastor Heath and Kaitlyn Johnson- Youth Pastors
Becky Kennedy- Kids Pastor
Shirlene Woodcock- Business Administrator
Courtney Baria- Worship Pastor
The Word of God
We believe that the written Word of God is to remain preeminent in all aspects of life and ministry. It is the standard and conviction maker, atmosphere setter and the core of what church and ministry is built upon.
Matthew 21:13 "My house shall be called a house of prayer." A healthy church must teach, preach, equip for and practice fervent prayer.
The Local Church
The local church is God's instrument on earth to fulfill the Great Commission through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. We teach that the local church should be at the center of our lives as Christians. We seek to involve ourselves at every level at every age in the work of the local church.
We believe that worship is vital to our experience with God, just as is prayer and the Word. Our worship is not performance based. We teach that we should worship in spirit and truth as a whole hearted response to God's presence in the midst of His people.
We believe there that Godly character above natural gifts, talents, and abilities are the key to success in life and ministry. A person's character is developed through the Word of God, prayer, discipleship, a Christian worldview and how they respond to God in difficult circumstances. Our goal is to help build Godly character into the lives of all members of Magnolia Springs as they pursue their destiny in God.
We believe in and value community. The Church is a place where believers can relate to, encourage, protect, and admonish one another as we grow in our faith and experience God's.
We believe that the Great Commission is at the heart of God's work. Our goal is to cultivate a heart of evangelism to the extent that it causes ministries and strategies to be created, resources to be released, the people to find fulfillment in Christian service as the world is impacted by the message of salvation. Acts 1:8 describes the church's empowerment to fulfill the Great Commission locally, nationally, and internationally.
Stewardship is taking responsibility for those resources that God has so graciously provided for us. We believe that God has established the tithe as a way of giving and supporting the Church and its various ministries. We believe that offerings are above and beyond the tithe and should be a regular experience for every Christian.
God is a God of vision, productivity and purposefulness. God has given Magnolia
Springs a vision to reach the lost with the love of Jesus and see thousands of people
enter into a relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. All of our efforts, finances, time,
energy and overall resources are to be focused in such a way that this becomes the
over-arching theme of all that we do and teach. The vision God has given the church
must be cast, pursued and by the grace of God fulfilled.
We seek to equip the congregation to take leadership, ownership and have involvement within their church and their community. We believe that leadership is both a gift and a skill. As a skill it can be learned by anyone willing to learn. We also define leadership as serving and laying down our lives for those around us. Jesus is the ultimate example of servant leadership in Magnolia Springs at every level, while acknowledging the importance of the 5-fold ministry for equipping of the Saints.
Acts 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, have set thee to de a light of the Gentiles, That thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. We believe that missions are about changing lives at home and abroad, to do so, we are to give and go.